Sunday, September 23, 2007

Caroline's help with Colour Palettes

Hi all,

here are the colours that were generated by the URL that Caroline recommended (see the comment after the last post). Sadly no lilac, but good never the less. It is really worth a look at and a play with! I particularly like the fact that it give you a choice as to "dull" or "vibrant". This should suit all preferences.

Color Palette Generator

Enter the URL of an image to get a color palette that matches the image. This is useful for coming up with a website color palette that matches a key image a client wants to work with.

URL of image: http://www.degraeve.com/color-palette/

dull
#556655
#334433
#eeeeee
#99bbbb
#778877
vibrant
#448855
#115522
#ffffff
#99ccee
#66aa77
It's funny that the closest to the lilac is in the "dull" palette!

I also tried the "colour hunter"
This gave similar colours, both are worth trying. Thanks Caroline.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

What a great toy! Fun and useful too. Many thanks.

Jasmine Weaver said...

This is really neat.

Have ordered the spinning book for my husband as a Christmas gift - trying keep him busy while I play with my new to me AVL toy.

I have some new ideas using the computer design and surface interest - will update everyone if I succeed.

Lind

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...