Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pure Tinctoria Workshop


I had a great time on Saturday at my local guild of weavers, spinners and dyers, in Derbyshire. I ran a natural dye extracts workshop with my Pure Tinctoria Dyes. Each participant dyed three small hanks with one of the dyes, then modified them with iron water, copper water, citric acid and washing soda. They all went home with 70 colour swatches!
See them on the right.

The only colour we didn't have was blue. I use a fermentation vat for indigo, which takes about 48 hours to work and it doesn't travel too well. As you can see the range of colours is fantastic, I just have to add the indigo range to the swatches, so watch this space for the results!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a fab colour range. I will be looking at dying with natural thinsg soon but in the meantie dabble with acid dyes.

Leigh said...

Sounds like a great workshop. The colors produced are lovely. And the OLG logo looks good too!

Willington Weaver said...

So glad you like the colour range, I was so please when I found the dyes.

But what a difference the local water has made to the colours.

Alison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...